Polypropylene (PP), also known as polypropene, is a thermoplastic polymer used in a wide variety of applications including packaging and labeling, textiles (e.g., ropes, thermal underwear and carpets), stationery, plastic parts and reusable containers of various types, laboratory equipment, loudspeakers, automotive components, and polymer banknotes. An addition polymer made from the monomer propylene, it is rugged and unusually resistant to many chemical solvents, bases and acids.
Polypropylene has a relatively slippery "low energy surface" that means that many common glues will not form adequate joints. Joining of polypropylene is often done using welding processes.
In 2013, the global market for polypropylene was about 55 million tonnes. Polypropylene is the world's second-most widely produced synthetic plastic, after polyethylene.
Polypropylene (PP) products use grade :
1). Film Grade
- Biaxial Orientation Stretching Polypropylen (BOPP) : mainly used in the production of high-stiffness, hightransparence packaging film. It is also widely used in the production of printing and laminated film, Matt film, pearlized film, synthetic paper, cigarette film, etc
- Casting Polypropylene(CPP): It is also widely used as the packing for clothing, stationery, food, medicine, cosmetics, textiles, etc.
2). Injection Molding Grade
- PP Impact Copolymer : widely used in the production of industrial products, such as dashboard, auto interior decorations, auto bumpers, interior and exterior parts of washing machine, accumulator containers and tanks. can also be used to make household articles, such as bottle caps, cookware, furniture, toys, toolkits, travel cases, bags and various packaging containers.
- PP Random Copolymer: widely used in the production of medical appliances with high transparence, such as medical syringes, medical infusion bottles, medical centrifuge tubes and sample tubes. It is used in the production of food containers, stationery, packaging materials and houseware.
- PP Homopolymer: widely used in the production of small electrical household appliances, such as electric kettles, electric utensils, electric irons, air heaters, electric hair dryers, electric toasters and electric hand dryers.
3). Pipe Grade
PP Pipe Grade mainly used in the production of pipes used in building water supply systems, heating systems and chemical piping systems. Finished Products by light weight, corrosion resistance, long service life,thermal retardation and recyclable processing scrap.
4). Fiber Grade
PP Fiber Grade widely used in the production of bulked continuous filament (BCF), fine and superfine staple fiber, cigarette filter tow and superfine non-woven fabric in high-speed and ultrahigh-speed spinning and spunbonded non-woven fabric production.
5). Yarn Grade
PP Yarn Grade widely used in the production of woven bags, colored stripe cloth for sunlight shading or covering use, carpet backing (base fabric), container bags, tarpaulin and ropes.
6). Coating Grade
PP Coating Grade is mainly used for coating woven bags, tarpaulin, colored stripe cloth and pipes.
7). Powder Grade
PP powder grade is mainly used to produce general-purpose products such as ropes, woven bags, packaging tapes, toys, daily necessities and non-woven fabric.